Monday, June 23, 2014

Blogpost #3: Types of Selfies

Selfie's have become somewhat an art form. Spawning multiple types who can pass as something artsy. And you know what? The number of types keeps growing.

Trey Humphreys' article "The 15 Worst Types of Selfies" on wittyandpretty.com enumerates some types which he thinks are the worst among the countless types out there. These types are as follows: The Gym Selfie, The Pet Selfie, The Car Selfie, The Blurry Selfie, The Just Woke Up Selfie, Pretending to Be Asleep Selfie, The Add a Kid Selfie, The Hospital Selfie, The “I’m On Alcohol” Selfie, The Duck Face Selfie, The Pregant Belly Mirror Selfie, The “I Have Enough Money to Fly On an Airplane” Selfie, The 3D Selfie, The Say Something That Has Nothing To Do With Anything Selfie and The “I Live In Filth” Selfie.

Our Morninq Thoe.: ) #WokeUp Next To My Ninaa  Humphreys says, "That annoying picture you post of YOURSELF to remind the world just how attractive you are. Shut the f*cking door."
People in the internet lack the sense of humilty. People who often post selfies post them just to brag or to horde in some of those lovely likes. Well, most people on the internet, specially teens, lack self-confidence. To think majority of those non-confident folks have looks to boot. Humans are weird, specially with their appearance. I do not understand the need to show off what the higher beings gave them.


Source: cheezburger.com

This next ones all about self-love! Rosie Waterland posts "The ‘Bikini in the Mirror’ and 4 other kinds of selfie. Which one have you taken?" on mamamia.com.au lists 5 most vain selfies she has encountered. These are: The ‘I found a look that works for me and I’m sticking with it’ Selfie, The ‘Backdoor Brag’ Selfie, The ‘Warts and All’ Selfie, The ‘I’m acting like this is ironic but really I know how good I look’ Selfie and The ‘All-out I don’t care how vain this is bikini in the mirror’ Selfie.

Never ask a girl with winged eyeliner why she's late.💁#commonsense #asian #girl #pinay #filo #wing #eyeliner #vain #quatro #selca #selfie #nashville #effect Waterland says, "To me, the selfie culture populates a mysterious part of the social media universe where a language is spoken that I just don’t understand. A language that feels like it’s lacking any kind of irony or self-deprecation. And people who can’t make fun of themselves are people who make me nervous. To me – selfies all just look so… self-indulgent."

I firmly agree with Waterlands statement. There is just something about the social mediaverse that most people, inlcuding me, wont understand. Maybe because of preferences? I don't understand vain people at all. Well, I have no looks to be proud of so whatevs!


Source: en.wikipedia.org


For the most part, selfies seem to be all about ones love to his/her own looks. Vanity and self-indulgence is the name of the game. A trait the makes some humans more humans in my own opinion. Anyways to better love others you need to love your self first. So for the lack of a better ending. I leave you with this quote from William Shakespeare, "Beauty is but a vain and doubtful good; A shining gloss that fadeth suddenly; A flower that dies when first it 'gins to bud, A brittle glass that’s broken presently."

No comments:

Post a Comment